Proxies have taken security to a whole new level, and today you can safely browse online without fearing that you will be detected. Proxies work as intermediaries that receive and send requests for information from other proxy servers. Regardless whether you just need in information or a file, the proxy is the middle channel that does that on your behalf. It protects your personal information from being accessed from the website you are seeking a connection. When it comes to reasons why you should use proxies, there are many of them, but all of them are related mainly to your privacy and overall performance of your computer. The following are the most common reasons for using proxies:
- The number one reason to use proxies is for anonymously surfing online and accessing websites. For example, if you are in some other country there may be some websites such as Asian Sex Bang that are restricted or blocked from accessing. Streaming services or some programs are often blocked in some countries, but if you use proxy you can still access those sites or programs. Usually in these situations a virtual private networks are used for hiding IP location and getting access to blocked websites.
- Other common reason for using proxies is for improving the overall performance of the computer you are using. This can be especially beneficial for larger companies. Caching proxies are memorizing and storing your most frequent web requests, so next time a much less bandwidth will be used when you try to receive the same request. This can significantly reduce usage as well as costs, and at the same time will increase the speed for processing and saving different applications.
- Filtering web content is the third most common reason for using proxies. Usually this option is mostly used by parents who are filtering the online content for their children. Also schools use this in order to prevent their students from accessing sites they are not supposed to access.
- Proxies are also commonly used for bypassing filters. Sometimes people use them to bypass filters and access some websites that are restricted or censored by the governments.
- Finally, another common reason to use proxies is for spying on someone`s activity. Sometimes intelligence agencies use proxies for detecting suspicious online activity. They can monitor phrases and words used in the search engines and social media in order to prevent terrorist attacks or crimes from happening. Proxies can also be used for collecting personal information or passwords as well.
These were the most common reasons to use proxies. If you want to protect your computer from being accessed from hackers then you should install quality antivirus software and other tools for protection. Proxies have many good uses, but they can be used for doing some bad things as well. Learn more about proxies and you will have no trouble at all when browsing online. Proxies are a double-edged sword, but they can bring you numerous benefits if used correctly.